Yedidim was founded by Eran Hazan in 2019. Eran heard of an elderly man, with no local family members, who suffered a serious allergic reaction that left him sedated. Eran couldn’t bear the thought of this man, who was so close in age to his own grandmother, waking up alone in a cold, sterile hospital room. So Eran reached out to the local community via social media and arranged to have volunteers stay by this man’s bedside continuously – day and night. After 3 days, the man regained consciousness, and by this time his children had arrived from Israel and were able to care to him. The man and his children were grateful and overwhelmed by the compassion and support they received from members of the community during this challenging ordeal.
About Eran Hazan:
Eran relocated to the U.S from Hadera, Israel in 2003. He lives in Plantation, FL with his wife and two children. He is the President of Americabinets Express Inc., a direct distributor of kitchen and closet lines serving builders, contractors, developers, designers and homeowners. Eran has always believed in the importance of helping others. Growing up, his family struggled financially and resources were limited, but he always found way to help not only his family, but others in need as well. He is appreciative of the charity he received as a young child and sees Yedidim as a vehicle to pay it forward.
Since then, Eran with the help of other volunteers, have organized many similar initiatives in the community. The Covid-19 pandemic increased the needs of many in the community and as a result, some of Yedidim’s recent charitable initiatives include:
• Distributing masks and gloves
• Shopping and delivering groceries and medications
• Preparing and delivering hot meals
• Helping families relocate
• Helping source furniture for those in need
• Helping source clothing and personal items
• Driving elderly and sick people to medical appointments
• Raising funds to help with funeral arrangements
• Sourcing computer equipment for children so they can participate in online education
• Arranging for handymen/technicians to perform work for those in need
• Arranging for roadside assistance
As a result of the above efforts, Yedidim’s exposure has grown significantly, and with it the number of calls for help. The organization now has over 800 volunteers who stay in touch via a very active Facebook page, Whatsapp group and a Telegram group.